19 April 2019 update: I received questions from customers on what happens to the Full Edition. If you are using it, then it’s forward compatible with the Lite Edition. I have not updated the Full Edition as a huge portion of customers are simply not operationally ready for Performance SLA.
I’ve updated Operationalize Your World based on lesson learned & requirements from customers. You can find the updated here.
It also sports a simplified import steps. You can get it done in minutes. Download the files from here.
Use Admin account. The reason is we’re overwriting the default dashboards and summary pages. Since dashboards are personalized, if you do not use Admin account, it will create new dashboards instead.
- Import the super metrics.
- Go to you Default Policy, and enable them. Do not enable them on All Objects as you end up having super metrics for every single types of objects.
- Import the views. Choose overwrite existing.
- Import the dashboards. Choose overwrite existing.
- Import the Summary Pages. Do not change your default pages yet.
Take a coffee break! Let the super metrics be calculated. To validate if they are calculated, go to Troubleshoot a Cluster dashboard.
If the dashboards are filled with data, then it’s time change your default Summary Page. To do it, follow the following screenshot:
If you are using vSAN, then there are additional steps
- If you are only using Hybrid or All Flash, but not both types, then simply enable the correct vSAN KPI super metrics. They are named “Ops. Hybrid vSAN KPI” and “Ops. All Flash vSAN KPI”
- If you are using both Hybrid and All Flash, then you need to create 1 policy for each. Then enable the correct super metric for each policy.
For your convenience, I’ve disabled the Summary Pages. Reason is they are not used as dashboard.
If you want to share the dashboards to other users, then do the dashboard sharing:
That’s all you need! In future, I will share how the Multi-Tier Application dashboard is done. This needs Group Types and Groups.