The second edition has several high level goals.
- More explanation on Performance and Capacity Management.
- Elaborates the Performance SLA concept as it has resonates with customers (from engagements, events and blogging)
- Add Network monitoring, with focus on NSX
- Add VSAN monitoring.
- Add Horizon View monitoring. Practical tips like this.
- Incorporate monitoring that is better done via VMware Log Insight
- Add application-level monitoring. I asked Blue Medora to contribute as they know this better than I do.
More practical, less theory.
- Move contents that are more theoretical to the back.
- Add more examples, and structure them so readers can see the relationship.
Easier to read
- Less of long sentences, long paragraphs or complex tables.
- More bullet points.
- Break long chapters into smaller chunks.
- Add more white space on places where it’s full of text.
- More diagrams, to complement explanation.
- Lighter words. Friendly chat among friends, not formal research paper.
- Add humour.
- Add adult picture. Ok, this is not a good idea.
- Clear picture. Some pictures were too small.
- Clearer heading and layout. The style heading 2 is relatively too big to the text.
- The book is actually not just for vRealize Operations & Log Insight user. It’s for the broader VMware team. Page wise, this is more of a vSphere book than vRealize book.
- This would also make the darn title shorter 🙂 Yes, in future this will evolve to just SDDC Operations Management.