In Part 2, we’ve configured the first node (which is also the master node). I only deployed 1 node, so vRealize Operations opened this page below. I login as Admin, as that’s the ID we have so far. We have not setup MS AD integration here yet.
vRealize Operations showed the screen below. Notice now the Administration part is done. The blue check box shows that. From here, we can import data. This is useful if you have vCenter Operations 5. I clicked New Environment since I am not importing any data.
There is that default trial period. This is useful if you do not have the licence key ready. In situation such as short POC, this can be handy. I clicked Next without specifying a key.
This is the end of the Wizard dialog box. I clicked the Finish button on the screen below.
vRealize Operations then showed the page below. This means the installation and initial configuration is done! I did all these without reading any manual, as it’s been guiding me.
Next is adding the vCenter. It’s already guiding us to click the Configure button. vRealize Operations uses the term “Solution” instead of adapter. In version 6, a solution can have multiple adapters, as you will see soon in this post. The default solution that comes out of the box is naturally the vSphere solution. If you have more solution (e.g. from Blue Medora, you will add it here first).
Clicking configure showed the window below. This window is pretty straight forward. The thing you need to know is every vCenter has 2 adapters. One is to get the data, the other one (Phyton) allows you to send command to vCenter, such as changing VM configuration.
I clicked the Test Connection, and the usual certificate warning appear. I clicked OK.
The Advanced Settings is optional, and it looks like the following screenshot. You can choose the Collector, and specify a different user for registration.
If your vCenter is already monitored by another vRealize Operations, you get a warning like below. Naturally, a vCenter can only link back to 1 vRealize Operations. I clicked Yes to overwrite it.
I did the same for all my 3 vCenter servers.
I clicked Next and got the following screen, where you can configure the basic option. What you see below is the default out of the box. I changed it to suit my lab.
The overall progress was shown again. This time around, you can see that all is done.
Clicking next showed the following screen. You can see that all 6 adapter instances are working well. They are collecting and data are being received.
We are done! Now let’s see what it looks like!