Table of Content
- The reasons behind the book (not part of the book)
- Foreword by Paul Strong
- Foreword by Nathan Owen of Blue Medora.
- Technical Reviewers
Part 1: Correcting decade-old misconception and “best practices”
It explains the root cause why IT struggles with SDDC Operations, and then share a new paradigm that have resonated well with customers. The new thinking comes with new concept such as Performance SLA, and a new set of metrics on contention.
- Chapter 1. VM
- Chapter 2. SDDC
- Chapter 3. SDDC Management
- Chapter 4. Performance Management
- Chapter 5. Capacity Management
Part 2: Dashboards
- Chapter 6. Performance Monitoring Dashboards
- Chapter 7. Capacity Monitoring Dashboards
- Chapter 8. Dashboards for specific use cases
- Chapter 9. Infrastructure Monitoring dashboards by Blue Medora.
- Chapter 10. Application Monitoring dashboards by Blue Medora.
Part 3: References
A tour of all the key counters in vCenter and vRealize Operations. >100 pages explaining the metrics, how they relate and what a good value should be.
- Chapter 11: Mastering key SDDC counters
- Chapter 12: CPU Counters
- Chapter 13: RAM Counters
- Chapter 14: Storage Counters
- Chapter 15: Network Counters